Friday, August 27, 2010

August 27th


Friday, August 27th, we had our DEFLE test at 9:30am.  The DEFLE test was the first placement test that we have to take to determine our level for the language intensive program before classes start.  I didn’t think that this test was too bad… that is, except for the oral section.  We had to listen to recordings and answer questions about them.  One of the recordings had the people speaking so fast, I would be surprised if all French speakers could understand what they were saying.  The entire test room looked so taken aback by this recording.  But of course, you still have those people who understand enough to answer some of the questions…

Later, we had our lodging meeting for those of us who were planning on renting an apartment for the semester.  I didn’t want to live in a homestay so I went to the meeting.  (Once again, it was in French… I’m sure there was important information that I will never know because it was in French).  They gave us a list of apartments for rent with names, addresses, and brief descriptions of the places.  I could feel the level of competition rise so much once that list was handed out.  Unfortunately, with that list, came the pairing of people to search for apartments together… which means I got stuck finding a place by myself… those bitches… (I wont give too many details about my apartment search except that my friends kept getting the apartments that I wanted but I eventually found a place in future posts)

That night, a bunch of us bought bottles of wine and went to the river.  They all very classy-like drank a bottle of wine each… out of the bottle, not from a glass.  They were being the typical loud Americans.  Then we proceeded to a bar where people continued to drink and some of the girls fawned over some guys… not a particularly interesting night.
Oh those classy Americans

No comments:

Post a Comment